Monday, March 18, 2024

Review: The Other Woman

The Other Woman

The Other Woman by Sandie Jones
 

~~~


The most twisty, addictive and gripping debut thriller you'll read this year.

HE LOVES YOU: Adam adores Emily. Emily thinks Adam’s perfect, the man she thought she’d never meet.


BUT SHE LOVES YOU NOT: Lurking in the shadows is a rival, a woman who shares a deep bond with the man she loves.


AND SHE'LL STOP AT NOTHING: Emily chose Adam, but she didn’t choose his mother Pammie. There’s nothing a mother wouldn’t do for her son, and now Emily is about to find out just how far Pammie will go to get what she wants: Emily gone forever.

The Other Woman will have you questioning her on every page, in Sandie Jones' chilling psychological suspense about a man, his new girlfriend, and the mother who will not let him go.


I'm not sure what I expected of this "genre" but OH MY! this book delivered.

I could totally empathize with the "toxic mother-in-law" theme and Pammie was totally believable.  

The book led me by the nose right where the author wanted me to go and that continued throughout the book

The ending was a gut-punch, but hang in there for it, it's worth the wait.  When the book ended, I wanted more!  and (since this was on Kindle Unlimited) I'll return it and get another book by the same author.
Seriously, read this book.

 

 

 

About the (fiction) stars:

·         1 star = did not finish;

·         2 stars = I managed to finish but would probably tell somebody to not bother reading if asked;

·         3 stars = I happily finished, but wouldn’t go out of my way to recommend it;

·         4 stars = I would absolutely recommend a 4-star book;

·         5 stars = I would go out of my way to tell others to read this book, and I want to read everything the author has written!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment